Tomato, Roasted Pepper and Arugula Pasta
- 8 ounces, weight Pasta
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 whole Shallot, Minced
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- ½ cups Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped
- ¼ cups Fresh Basil, Chopped, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 cups Fresh Arugula
- 2 ounces, weight Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Diced
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, half of the basil, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Let the mixture cook for another 5-6 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the arugula to the pan and drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil over the arugula. Stir it to combine and cook until the arugula wilts. Turn the heat to low and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Add the cooked pasta and the pasta water and stir until combined. Top with Parmesan cheese.