[Source: how sweet it is]
Sparkly White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
- 10 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 drop lemon extract or pure lemon oil
- the zest of half a lemon
- white sanding sugar for coating
- Add white chocolate and butter to a bowl, then microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir a few times, then microwave for 20 more seconds.
- Add heavy cream and corn syrup to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until bubbles appear on the edges. This will happen quickly! Immediately pour the cream over the melted chocolate and butter, stirring well for a few minutes until combined. Stir in the drop of lemon oil and lemon zest, mixing to combine. Place in the fridge (or even the freezer) for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and scoop out teaspoon-size balls of chocolate with a melon scooper or small spoon. Roll them into balls and dip in the sanding sugar, coating completely. These hold up great at room temperature but I tend to store them in the fridge.