Christmas (Cupcake) Tree
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Supermoist white cake mix (and ingredients called for on the package)
- 18 sugar ice cream cones
- 2 (16 ounce) containers Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- green and brown (or black) food coloring
- sprinkles or other decorations
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Prepare cupcake batter and bake cupcakes according to package directions. Let cupcakes cool.
- In a medium bowl mix the powdered sugar and frosting. Frost cooled cupcakes with white frosting and top each with a sugar cone.
- Color the rest of the frosting with green food coloring. To make the color more earthy, add a little brown or black food coloring.
- Using a star tip on a decorating bag (or resealable bag), pipe stars on the sugar cone to create a tree. Pattern does not have to be exact. The more random it is, the more it will look natural.
- Add sprinkles or other decorations to your tree. Enjoy!