Baked Egg Boats
- 1 (13.2 oz) Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread, sliced in half, crosswise
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bread halves on a lightly greased baking sheet. Slide into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove loaves from oven and slice a long hole in the middle of them, lengthwise. Pull out some of the dough filling inside each loaf, creating little boats.
- In the meantime, dice the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Then add the bacon, cheese, scallions, a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the filling into each loaf boat and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until set in the center and golden brown.
- Serve immediately!